Friday, March 17, 2006

Its all a blurr....

I think it was the day before yesterday, (its all a blurr) we drove to TECO, (Tamp Electric Co.) Big Ben power station. They have a manatee veiwing center there. On the way we stopped for some awesome deviled crabs and ate them at a quaint little park. Then headed on to see some sea cows. No luck. So we walked through a small museum, the kids played with a stuff manatee, and they got a little one to take home (thanks Grandma). On the way home we hunted down some slushies and went over the infamous Skyway Bridge. I love bridges for some weird reason. They make me nervous as heck, especially the huge ones. But, the architecure is amazing. We came home and rode bikes on the Pinellas Trial. It is a greenway that streches for about 3o miles and it is in mom's backyard. That's nice. We came up on two alligators sun bathing. Uh....yeah. Alligators, wild, on the loose.
















Libby and I pretending to fight for the deviled crab. ( she really wasn't as in to them as the rest of us).

















Just a swinging.






















This stuffed manatee is the actual size of a newborn.

















The Skyway.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure does look like you are having a great time. I sure do miss you all though.
Mom

Jen said...

Very cool! Sounds like you're having a blast! Wish I was there! A lot better than being here doing school work, huh?

Kel said...

where are the pictures of the aligators? what's up with that?

newsoneal said...

I wish I was there too! Your doing a lot of things I've never done and lived there for 28 years! I wish I would have investigated "my own backyard" more when I lived there!

f1rststory said...

wohoo! site's back up. Just in time for another post. ;)

Tonya said...

yay, you're site's back up! it sounds like you're having a great time! catch ya soon...

newsoneal said...

Yeah! I missed your blog. Can't wait to see the new pics!