Today, we made our last trip to the park before going home tomorrow. The kids and I headed to the only bench in the shade to eat our snack. I was casing the pond, just to find the whereabouts of the gators. I don't know why but I was looking out in the water. Then suddenly there was some unexpected movement and a splash just below where we were standing. Unknowingly we had walked up on one alligator and surprised it. I was just as surprised. He stayed in the water but hid in some floating pond scum and just watched us the entire time we were there. Except for when there were bikers then he would turn full circle and watch the bikers ride by. No kidding! Later today I was talking to a women at the pool and she said she had been chased by one of the alligators down the bike path and now she only rides her bike there. Well, no worries we are going home in the morning and none of us got eaten.

Luke on a borrowed bike.

The alligator is on the bank. Hard to see. I got better pictures but I wanted to get this sign in too. I'm not sure what to think about the sign, hmmmmmm......

Notice how close the trail and bench is to the gator ( it is right above Luke 's elbow). This was our first time at the park and Luke was deciding if he should go any further on the trail. We did.
I will put better pics of the gator on the blog after I get home. I have one or two on my camera but I can't put my pics on here until I get home.
We leave tomorrow at 6:40 am. I will try and post on my way.
Later....Gator.
2 comments:
His name is Al E. Gator
ZIG ZAG-That's the key to outrunning a gator.
Post a Comment