Sunday, December 04, 2005

Cheesy but true....

Tim and I both have distance to blame when we find ourselves missing some of those we call our closest friends. It is such a treasure in this life when you find a conversation that comes so easily or even a consistent unconditional smile. It is in these things that your friends become your closest friends. I'm not even sure how it happens, perhaps it's all pre-ordained. One day you just know that this friend is a great friend. It's when you know that it's o.k. if you are not at your best, or simply when you are at your worst. When you have the creative leeway to make stupid mistakes and know it's going to be the material of a great joke, and where absence changes nothing. I guess I should be content with just having such friends but it is hard. I miss those of you who have moved on and want the best for all of you but I selfishly wish that best would bring you back home, I mean... here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you think it's hard to have your friends move away, wait until your children grow up and move away. But, I'm glad your happy and have such a nice family, that's what life is all about.

I love you and miss you,
Mom

Steve said...

Like eating shrimp off a tablecloth...

Wendy said...

Ditto!

lisa said...

We should do that again when you're here. Make it a tradition!