I have to share a great moment I had with Luke. In the middle of getting him ready for school he turns to me and says “ Becka” doesn’t believe in God. “Becka” is the cutest little girl in Luke’s kindergarten class. He has had some great conversations with her in the past. One converstaion in particular has also been hotly debated within churches and with the far left and right political parties. It had teachers talking about it and caused both Luke and “ Becka” to get pretty frustrated with each other. ( I will choose not to go into that conversation due to the conflicts it brings in it’s very nature. This being a public blog, I would cry if I received hateful comments, if your curious email or IM me). Anyway, I explained to him that God wants us to love everyone even the people that do not believe in/love God. He nodded his head as if he wouldn’t expect God to want any thing different. Our morning routine moved us to the advent chain (every day in advent we add a link to this chain and each link teaches about the different people in Jesus’ lineage and gives a practical life application). Today’s link was about the Prophets and it simply said (we have the preschool version) “ Prophets told people about God….. who can you tell about God”? I looked at him and said “who do you think”? He was pensive for a moment and I said “you could tell “Becka” that Jesus loves her” and he looked at me like he expected I would know that he already has. And, he said “I already have”. Some moments as a parent, as a mother, all is right. You forget about the whining and bickering, the never ending mess, this was one of those moments for me.
As I was relishing in that moment we hurried out the door. I drop the kids off for school, did those things I had to do, then found myself with one free hour. I had a gift card to Barnes and Nobles given to me by my “other mother” (she thought it was for 5$, but it was really for 10$...thanks). I consciously repressed all guilt, splurged on a tall peppermint mocha frappachino with whip, bought a book that I normally would never be inclined to buy and cherished a very good morning that I will try to keep in my recent memory, for those mornings that I would rather not blog about. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
They "karen" gave them out at church. It has been the coolest thing. We are doing an Advent calander too but the chain has been a great teaching tool. Sorry about the Frapp. :(
I liked that story. Luke seems to be turning into a godly little man!
Post a Comment