Alright, I have to ask. When do you know when you have a problem with blogging.
What are the warning signs?
Is it when after reading all your friends blogs you start reading peoples blogs you don't know? Or, what if when you are going about your normal life and the question "would this make a good post" never leaves your mind (should I be admitting this)? I know that I find some kind of euphoric joy out of connecting (or just eavesdropping) with people on line that have similar interests. Is it a sad realization of the pathetic ness of my life ...possibly. I will be the first to admit staying home with my three year old is not life in the fast lane. The highlight of our day is when we get to go pick up Luke from school. If we are lucky we just might get to connect with other human life for a few minutes. Even so it is not the same as sharing your heart with good friends or whoever else that drops in.
However, I'm afraid there are some negative side effects. My bed, if it does get made isn't until right before Tim comes home, my cell phone has become our main number, and my son now says he wants a blog for Christmas (just kidding with the last one, he already has a blog, still under construction, He couldn't wait for Christmas). :)
Since loosing a great friend, neighbor, and babysitter (all with one swift move) this has become a good slice of therapy. I just wonder if it is normal. I keep telling myself I could quit at anytime. At least I'm hoping....rehab is not an option right now. I have to much to do over the holidays!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Plus, i hear blog rehab is WAY expensive...
Seriously...check out bloglines.com or www.google.com/reader. They help you get your life back. A little. think of it as a hobby. That's healthy, right?
I already have. I'm sick... so sick!
Steve... you gave me my first blogging fix, and now your just trying to keep me hooked!
I pretend I'm journaling, which I like to do but usually drop off because I never have anyone to interact with. This lets me journal with input! And it lets me write--which I also really like to do.
And, writing is kindof like therapy--or rehab. And it's cheap.
Well, I don't use it as journaling. I think that I use it to be heard. I know that sounds silly. Often,I walk around wondering,"Is there anything interesting enough to write about on my blog." When something happens that maybe is interesting Steve says, "Oh,oh, you should write about it on your blog!" You know maybe he is advocating blog addiction!
I go through stages where i am totally addicted and then i don't write anything (of worth) for a month or more...truthfully, i rarely write ANYTHING of worth, but that's beside the point. You'll find you're groove once the newness wears off. and i read strangers blogs too :)
It must be tough to have so many of your friends move away and leave you there-usually i'm the one leaving, so the perspective is a little different.
I go through stages where i am totally addicted and then i don't write anything (of worth) for a month or more...truthfully, i rarely write ANYTHING of worth, but that's beside the point. You'll find you're groove once the newness wears off. and i read strangers blogs too :)
It must be tough to have so many of your friends move away and leave you there-usually i'm the one leaving, so the perspective is a little different.
Ok I checked and my insurance will not cover blog-rehab. As a matter of fact they told me they know of no insurance company that will at this time.
There is a 12 step program though and local chapter/meetings you can go to in some of the major metros.
Oh what a great idea!! Blogging Insurance. I'll start it tomorrow and you guys can be my first customers. I'm not sure what it will cover or how and when it would pay out, but you can go ahead and start sending your monthly checks of $55 to me starting Jan.1 (due date). I'll try to have everything else worked out by then. ;)
Post a Comment