Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Lisa is road rash....better than road kill.

Well, I almost made it on the show "Scarred" (a program where people show and tell their scars...most of these people ride skateboards). My friend and myself (with kids) were headed to the pool. Before we left our neighborhood I had the thought that there was no good reason why both of us had to ride in the van down the hill when one of us could ride a board ;) So, I got out and headed down the hill with them driving behind. No problems bombing the big hill, made it through the 4 way then I decided to change lanes and pass the traffic stopped for construction ( at this point I'm in the university and not on a main road). A dude in a big truck (carrying windows) decides to take a U turn and he doesn't see me coming up beside him. So I had two choices and about one second to decide. Do I hit this truck and come to a complete stop or do I bail and try to run it out. Well.... I did what any sane person would do and almost ran it out. Really... there was no almost about it. I think I got two steps off my board before I looked liked Pete Rose sliding for home. I tried my hardest to make it to the grass but the curb.....oh, that curb, it didn't budge. So... I get up bleeding but nothing broken and I lament for a long time about this truck that ended my one and only run for the day prematurely. And, now I'm suppose to go swimming with road rash on every part of my body. Nice.


(I have 6 more of these).

7 comments:

Johnny T said...

well- now you've had way more damage than I've ever had on a longboard. Did you have your gloves on?

Anonymous said...

I like this long board about as much as I liked the go-cart. :(

Love,
Mom

AmberJ said...

OUCH!!!

lisa said...

nope...no gloves.

I guess since it was just gonna be one run it never crossed my mind to wear them. HOWEVER, I will be purchasing a helmet. My forehead to a good lick. We'll just say this was a good lesson. :)

Tonya said...

god, you are insane!! note to self...no more riding with lisa :)

Anonymous said...

Well we now know where Libby gets her toughness from... ;)

Kel said...

ouch! will call you soon so we can hang out...JT, you around?