Friday, June 29, 2007

Who is this dude?

Okay....have you seen the show "Man vs. Wild"? It's on the Discovery Channel. I am so impressed. In fact I'm wondering if it is legit. This guy and his camera man get dropped off in the middle of no where, far far away from anywhere (just in case you didn't know where no where was ) and he (or they) have to find their way home. If they don't supposedly they'll die. I have a hard time believing that they have no means of rescue. They have no water, food, or real weapon ( still hard to believe). Although, after watching him catch a salmon with a carved up tree limb and eat it raw....scales and all, I might be a believer. I would have to be paid an insane amount of money or really hungry to even consider such a thing. If you haven't seen it check it out...I'm almost sure you'll get sucked in and wonder who is this dude?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's without a doubt one of my favorite shows EVER!!! I've been watching it since it came on tv.

Johnny T said...

what you mean? you didn't learn all that stuff in rec management. That's pretty much all outdoor education was.

lisa said...

whatever!! (said in my most sarcastic tone) ;)

AmberJ said...

The Man and I caught that on TV the other night. Wild and crazy. The episode we saw, the guy shredded some sort of leaves, tied them together to make a rope, tied it to a rock, then threw it in the water to check the depth. He then jumped in, clothes, backpack, shoes, everything.
I am definitely intrigued.

Kel said...

hey hey hey, yep, i've seen it. It's pretty cool. I saw the salmon episode, I think i could have probably eaten one of those raw. I LOVE salmon :)