Friday, January 26, 2007

Just in the nick of time!

Wheeewwwh! Libby pulled out of her funk just in time to be included in our family photo shoot. It's a good thing because I swear she was the cutest thing! We (the fam) were asked to take part in our state’s new advertising campaign. We went to one of the most beautiful spots I have seen. There is an amazing Christmas tree farm hidden behind Ription lake. This lake is the best kept secret in East TN. It is a quaint little lake that edges right up to a small country road. It sits there very still with parts covered with ice and snow.
Despite it being incredibly cold the kids did great. No whining and they did whatever the photographer told them to do. We're promised some cool photos out of this. I took some scenic shots with my phone because we forgot both of our very nice cameras ( why do we have them??).
Luke is thinking he will be famous…after all he did get out of school for half the day for this. This has to be a big deal! Not really….just a neat experience for our family and a chance to do something cold ….I mean cool ;)

7 comments:

AmberJ said...

Great pictures (again)! You have a NICE camera phone. And you never know...many a boy has gone on to fame after appearing in his state's advertaising campaign. Just look at... and...

My hubby and I went to Fall Creek Falls for our 1st anniversary. Is that close to you? Are you familiar with?

lisa said...

I've heard of Falls Creek but never been there. I believe its about 2 hours or so southwest of us.

Kel said...

Wow, that place looks fantastic! I'm glad Libby was feeling better :) So what are they advertising? Did you have to say anything or was it just photographs?

lisa said...

Just photographs...We haven't broken through to film yet ;)

I believe it was for TN. Agriculture, specifically Christmas trees.

Kel said...

Cool! So will it be a post card, or on a commerical or something? How will they use it for advertisement?

Royces In Africa said...

glad Libby is feeling better and what a great day for a photo shoot. I hope you remember how to get there, would be so great to go again.
catch you later,
m

lisa said...

I'm not really sure what these photos will be used for. I just know they are for the gov. of TN. The photographer was the "state's photographer". Tim might know, I haven't asked. I just showed up with a smile :)