Tuesday, August 15, 2006

When Tim is gone...

1. I run out of cereal bowls, spoons and forks. I don’t cook big dinners when Tim isn’t here. I just stick to kid friendly easy stuff served on zoo pals. I can’t seem to remember to start the dishwasher when it’s practically empty. I know, I know, I should just hand wash….. NEVER!

2. The kids start to act a little weird. Luke has taken up knitting (promising to only knit boy stuff, by his own resolution ... not mine), and Libby is sleeping through the night. Typically, she calls out for us to open her door. Then about an hour later she calls out for us to get the cat off her bed. Then an hour later she wants someone to sleep with her. Kinda nice she has stopped this since I have no one to tag team with.

3. Something major happens with the house. The floor joists are going on today!!!!!!!!! Hip… hip… hoorrraaayyy!

4. The mail sits in the mail box for the week. I can’t seem to remember the mail!! I should tie some ribbon reminder around my wrist or better yet just have our mail held while he ‘s gone….hmmmmm.

5. I have no idea what is going on around the world because I forget to turn the TV on ( so if something major happens that I should know about, please let me know).

6. I get to watch all the chick flicks I want!! Seen any good ones lately? The sappier the better!

7. And, last but definitely not the least, I miss him.

9 comments:

Tonya said...

ok, i read this going yeah, yeah, yep, uh-huh, that one too...
except for the house-can't relate to that one:)

i saw failure to launch, it was so-so, but had some really funny scenes. haven't seen any other movies lately that fit the chick flick category, sorry

Jen said...

Yeah, Failure to Launch was so-so. I really enjoyed Last Holiday with Queen Latifah. Barely any cussing, very good movie. Cheesy at some parts and wholly predictable, but aren't most chick flicks?

newsoneal said...

I liked The Family Stone, kinda sad ending though. How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days is cute.

AmberJ said...

I've been catching up on my "chick flicks" as my Beloved has been working the county fair. My favority chick flicks: The Notebook, Sweet Home Alabama, Emma, Sense & Sensibility, Much Ado About Nothing, Fried Green Tomatoes...I know, their all old but I love watching good movies again & again. Oh and just about any Audrey Hepburn: Breakfast at Tiffany's, My Fair Lady, or even Roman Holiday (my favorite!)...hope that helps! :-)

Royces In Africa said...

It's funny how dependent we get on each other, I usually plan a game night while Jeff's away because I love big parties and he doesn't like too many people at once. And i watch Pride and Prejudice. Ever After is also a wonderful chick flick. love m

Wendy said...

We have been watching movies all summer because of the heat. I can't really recommend any adult movies, but recently the kids and I have been watching the old Love Bug movies!

Johnny T said...

Hey - did that chalkboard paint work out?

lisa said...

We haven't used the chalkboad paint yet but I'll let ya know.

Kel said...

whatever you do, DON'T see Friends With Money. Talk about depressing! And this is not reverse psychology.