Wednesday, August 23, 2006

keeping it real....

Blogs are a bit strange. I always struggle with what should I post or how much of myself do I share? I feel like I need to add a disclosure saying “in no way is this blog a full representation of me”. I wonder if I should share when my heart is heavy but do I really want to post such things on a place where anyone can have access … not really. But, I don’t want to be a fraud either. I want to be an authentic person. It’s not like on a horrible very bad day you are going to stand on a street corner announcing your hurts and disappointments to everyone that walks by. And, in someway putting those very same things on here makes me feel like I’m standing on 56th and Broad. So, there won’t be any pictures of the kids, or a story of how wonderful my life is. All I got today is this strangely vague post and my best effort to keep it real.

12 comments:

AmberJ said...

Well done.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lisa said...

Anonymous,
I do appreciate your prayers. However, I had to delete your comment because of its hurtful nature. Your observation isn't too far off but we can't judge another man's heart and each person has their own private struggle. Although, some don't tend to make it so private.

Jen said...

I struggle with that a lot, too. My first instinct as a woman is to vent to someone, and it's easy to write down your frustrations. I don't want my blog to turn into nothing but a gripe-fest, but I don't want everyone to think my life is all sunshine and roses, either. I try to post only things that I wouldn't mind sharing with someone I just met, and that seems to work. I hope whatever struggles you're going through end quickly. God bless!

Tonya said...

Lisa, I'm praying for you!

Anonymous said...

You are doing well, Lisa, stay strong. You all are in my thoughts and prayers constantly.
I love you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Lisa,
I certainly did'nt intend to hurt
anyone's feelings.However,sometimes
some people need to hear what we
think about certain behavioral
patterns and how it can ruin so many lives.You are so obviously
wise and hurting. You will continue
to be in my prayers.

lisa said...

Anonymous,
No worries. You didn't hurt anyone's feelings. I think myself and my friend were the only ones that read it.

Kel said...

I hate fine lines. They're so difficult. Typing is often sketcy when you are posting matters of the heart. Unless you are a prolific writer, your words can easily be misnderstood or misinterpreted when tone of voice and facial expressions are absent. It's your blog, but it's also public so what you post and how much you share should depend on how personal it is and how many people you mind sharing it with. Writing is extremly theraputic and blogs are awesome for sharing with family and friends. But i keep a separate, private, or even a locked word file (if you prefer to type)on the computer for those inner-most, detailed vent sessions :) Just my two cents! I've always been a firm believer in "things always turn out the way they're supposed to." It may not be the way you want, but God always has a plan that will reveal itself when the time comes. Hang in there and I'm sure you'll work through it.

Wendy said...

Right Oh! I have been reading the girls a book at night that has this goofy saying in it. It is from the 1770's. It is hard to know what to share on blogs. I treat it as a news article. I try to find things readers would want to read about me! It is kinda of arrogant-I guess! I am sure so many want to know about me!

Anonymous said...

I love you Lisa! Life is full of mountains and vallies... you'll soon be back on the upswing!

Leslie

Johnny T said...

Randy and I stopped by the Girls house a few days ago (right after we found the most perfect neigborhood for longboarding). Joe's wall looks really good, and I think you've got a solid group of girls too.