Our basement walls are up. The walls are styrofoam forms filled with concrete, so they are water proof, insulated, and radon resistant. You can nail sheet rock straight to it for your inside walls. Very cool! If you thought I was kidding when I said in a previous post that I will know how to build a house when this is over you were mistaken. I cut about half of the forms, leveled the inside beams, and placed the bolts for the sealant cover. Tim cut all the rebar. Are you asking yourself... why? Well, these walls are expensive and basically we could only afford the materials so the guys putting up our walls were doing it out of the goodness of their hearts for no cost. So, Tim and I went out there to help them as much as we could. Though it was exhausting, I did love having the opportunity to put in some sweat equity. Next thing (hopefully) will be the garage and porch footers then the finishing of the basement, garage and porch floors.


7 comments:
LOL...you crack me up!
whoa!
you're so cool, but I am glad I missed it. I think I have pictures of Tim and an earlier adventure with rebar.
yes, yes...rebar is my middle name...I'm just wondering where the pics are of me busting my tail...hahahah
I am impressed!
Wow, I agree with Tonya you are so cool! Tim is too! Love you both!
IT WAS SO GOOD TO HANG OUT TODAY! you are pretty much the best long boarder ever! i love you! your the best!
Post a Comment