Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Coolest dorks ever !

Well, as tired as I was from my trip and as conflicted as I am of potential life changes I still felt like I was thirteen yesterday when Tim walked in the door with my new long board. I got a skateboard on Christmas day when I was thirteen. I used to ride it to my bus stop and hide it in the bushes. I remember the road was so bumpy that my body felt like it was still shaking long after I got to school, so that was about it for my venture into extreme sports. Until J.T came by a couple of weeks ago and let me ride his long board. Instantly I found a new since of youthfulness as it glides down the road carving back and forth. He said Beth had one too, so I thought if Beth can get away with having one, just maybe I could. Never mind that she is a little bit younger and a whole lot cooler than me, a girl can still try. The big surprise was, instead of grip tape (which most, if not all others have) it has astro turf. It’s designed for the beach bum surfer dude that rides to the beach, I suppose. I don’t mind the turf for now especially when it carves as good as my mother’s thanksgiving turkey! John and Beth came over last night and brought their long boards, we rode underneath the street light. We set up a course with cones and watched John show off ; ) It was tons of fun until I mistakenly went down the hill at Mach 1 …screaming. However, I did manage to stay on the board, falling wasn’t really an option that would have been far too painful. Here are some photos….I know we’re a bunch of dorks…but possibly the coolest dorks ever!
































12 comments:

Jen said...

Awesome! Sorry I had to miss it, sounds like it would've been a blast. But I would've been the comic relief for the night, since I've never been on one.

f1rststory said...

i think you meant - VERY cool dorks...hahahahah

Kel said...

here here. i want to try one!

Tonya said...

haha, sounds like fun! I can't wait :)

Tonya said...

I love the painted toe nails on the astro turf! that cracks me up ;)

AmberShea said...

how fun!!!! i want to hang out with you!!!!!!!! i miss you!

Royces In Africa said...

Excellent dude! You are looking very cool! HOpe you don't get too sore. You'll have to give me a few lessons when we are on that side. I agree that the toe nails painted was an added bonus. :]

Anonymous said...

Nice tan Lisa. Are you wearing a helmet? Probably not.

Love,
Mom

lisa said...

ahhhh....MOM! ;)

Johnny T said...

What are you talking about "a bunch of dorks"?
I am the coolest. (period)

Kel said...

only dorks see themselves as cool... Look at Murph's blog ;)

Tonya said...

ouch Kel, that was harsh!

I guess on the other hand, I KNOW I'm a total geek and don't even try to hide it with skateboards, i go straight to the geeky toys :)