Ok, I should preface this by saying, I’m neither a republican nor democrat. That isn’t because I don’t have strong political opinions but more because my allegiance lies with my God and not with any political party. I hate politics and this is one reason why:
1. Why do I continue to hear this “story” (still today) about V.P Cheney being overly secretive or not announcing quickly enough that he accidentally shot some one on a hunting trip? And, when President Clinton was caught having an affair with an intern in the Whitehouse the same people "hanging" Cheney said nothing about Clinton and his secrets, only that what he does on his own time does not effect how he governs this country. I can't say that one political party is better or worse with the smear thing. However, I can say I know what I stand for. I don’t need politicians (or the media) smearing other politicians to help me decide what I know to be right and wrong.
2. Someone wise told me “know what you stand for or you will fall for anything”.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
i think it was ben franklin
ummmm...you sound right on to me... heh
No, it wasn't Ben, I never met him. :)
Well, the simple fact is that people are trying to slander each other because they think it will win them votes. It happens on both sides. Pathetic, isn't it?
Ok, since the man is ok, the funny part is that Chenney shot him 30 yards out at ground level. You're not supposed to shoot quail at ground level.
Hahaha, i'm still laughing over it. Sorry, it's amusing. Not to mention the guy was wearing a bright orange vest. Hahahaha, it's funny. Who cares what the secret was, he's a "plonker" as the British say.
hmm, it was Malcolm X...not who said it to you, but who is credited with saying it. interesting that this quote came from a political arena, and your distaste for politics
I can't stand politics, BTW, especially church politics...hate 'em with a passion!!
It is talking about standing for something, having convictions.... I don't think Malcolm X was ever accused of "playing politics". He was straight up, in your face, not telling people what they wanted to hear but what he truly believed. A radical for sure, but not a "politician".
I would respect any governing leader more if they came out and just said what their agenda was(whether I agreed or not,)instead of all the double talk.
I'm just so glad I don't have T.V.!!
Post a Comment