Sunday, February 26, 2006

And....we're home.

We made it home with no real incident. The kids were really good. Libby didn’t start screaming until 5 minutes from home and that had something to do with her brother throwing her card game down.
We had a good time. We played lots of board games ( Lori, my sister got suckered into more games than me). We went and saw Nanny McPhee, which we all loved. Libby had her concerns about the nanny but in the end she (the nanny) was ok. The kids played some outside, which Luke comes in and confesses he drank some mud concoction they had made. I figure if he doesn’t have diarrhea by morning we’re safe. We made homemade bread with the kids help, and this morning we made the bread into French toast, now that was good! We made the dough and baked it in coffee cans. It was easy and good. I’ve been trying to think of other things I can make with it besides the obvious like sandwiches and toast. The recipe makes quite a bit of bread but it only stays good for 4 days. I was thinking bread pudding but do people under 75 eat that? Let me know if you have any good ideas.
Three more days with no Tim….bummer!



















Libby, Megan, Luke, and Madison

9 comments:

Wendy said...

We saw that movie too. When something happens, Mackenzie will say "maybe you need Nanny McPhee."

lisa said...

Smart girl, I wish I had a nanny McPhee!

Wendy said...

Right now, I really could use her. My house looks like a storm came through it! Where is she when you need her!

AmberShea said...

I love homemade bread will you show me how to make it?

lisa said...

Sure Amber, as soon as you get off Buffalo mountain....hahahahahaa.

Tonya said...

so, tonight after AR, go to cbsnews.com and register. every week on Tuesday, their morning show (Today or GMA or whatever) is giving away 5 day vacations to the pit stop location...it never hurts to try, and tim with his free stuff... :)

Royces In Africa said...

Glad you are back safe. I sometimes cut up my old bread into cubes and leave it out to dry or let it dry in the oven on low heat. Then I melt like a 1/2 cup to a cup of marg. and then dump some garlic and mixed herbs seasoning in the metled marge and then put the bread cubes in a bowl and coat it. Then put a layer on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown and crispy, yummy homemade croutons. Just an idea.

lisa said...

Yeah....NEVER MIND! :)

Steve said...

It's so weird to see Megan and Madison in your post and then get confused by the pictures of your nieces!