
Tim is leaving tomorrow until Wednesday. Life around this house tends to get a bit boring without him, as you can imagine. And, Luke is out of school tomorrow, so we (the kids and I) decided we needed a road trip. We have friends and family (my oldest sister) near Raleigh. This will be the first real road trip with just me and the kids. I hope I still have my sanity when we get there.
In my efforts to make this trip more manageable I pulled Luke’s upper front tooth this morning. It was driving him crazy, therefore it was driving me crazy too. So, I thought that was solved until Luke said in all his excitement, that he couldn’t wait to show his tooth to his cousins. I was like “what”? I did not want to cart this nasty tooth to my sister’s this weekend. But, it was gonna be hard to tell this really cute toothless kid he couldn’t so, I didn’t. I was a little concerned about loosing it before we ever got it under a pillow, and then hiding it after the tooth fairy came. Shhessshh! I was wishing I never pulled it. Well, I can say that it is indeed under his pillow tonight after a whole lot of talking up the tooth fairy and some fast talk about how the two front upper teeth are worth the most money. I had to then go into why of course so I went on to explain supply and demand. Now, when he awakes in the morning the tooth fairy has got to come through in a big way. The problem is, this kid knows money. I’m not going to fool him with two quarters. I guess lunch is on him tomorrow. ;)
10 comments:
I definetly think that tooth is worth at least 20 bucks!!!!!
Definitely no less than a Jackson.
As an experienced alone-road-tripper, I suggest a portable DVD player. Buy one, rent one, steal one, whatever you have to do!!!
No, seriously... I don't know how far you have to go, but last weekend I did a road trip with my kids 5 hours each way. It went smoothly, and I pray the same for you!
I made it! It took about 5 hours, it would have been a little less if I wasn't pulled over. Yep, I gotta a ticket. I was going 70 in a 55. In my defense (because I surly need one)I thought the speed limit was 65. The police officer asked me how fast I thought I was going, I said between 65 and 70. It was a four lane highway surrounded by a bunch of nothing. It was a trap...2 miles down the road the limit changed to 65mph. Yes, I was cussing, under my breath of course!
ps: I have a dvd player. I wouldn't have tried it without it. I'm just not that brave. :)
yay for DVD players and for the creativity that comes from desperate moms :)
did you find your sis's house ok? and how was dinner? we went out for hot wings- very yummy!
later
after you left i had to double check my computer just to make sure you didn't leave any nasty comments from me :)
Tonya, I can't believe ya'll live so close to each other. There is about 3 miles between ya'll and it is a straight shot. I had no problem.
i got your msg today at 2:30~~too late to hook up. sorry, hope you had fun!
hey, i just thought of something. if you want, you can borrow one of my screens for the DVD player. Andy and Luke are coming down next weekend, so if you could just get it to one of them this week that wouldn't be a problem for me at all.
At least I stayed far away from all guardrails ! ;)
Post a Comment