Yesterday I managed to make dinner into a deadly weapon.
I started a project and unknowingly slipped into task mode. I began the daunting task of typing out all my recipes. After giving it some thought I came to the realization that I will not always have the time to organize such "an event” and thought the time is now!
I set some goals ( this may take months) and went to work. The rest of the day was a blur. Suddenly it was dinner time as Libby was showing real signs of fatigue and Luke went into auto whine mode. All I remember is putting the meatloaf (I already prepared) into the oven and some scallop potatoes on the stove. The next thing I know I was hitting the floor franticly looking for the nearest foxhole.
At first I had no idea what exploded, as the kids came running and myself checking to see if I was bleeding, realized that the dish I put the potatoes in must not have been “stove worthy”. I yelled for the kids to get back and found my way through the rubble to turn off the stove. Potatoes and shards of glass lie everywhere. I stood there stunned having just experienced “shock and awe” all I could do was hold my jaw in my hand and think "now what are we going to eat?" My meatloaf is good but without anything else it's just a meatloaf. It took all evening to get it cleaned up, the smell of burnt milk lingered till morning and shoes are still required to enter the kitchen. However, dinner was saved by a few baked potatoes and a side of spinach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Wow. That's wild. I'm glad everyone's ok though!
-Mize
You know Lisa, we always liked your pizza rolls..hahaha. Do you still do that for the youth kids? When we were living in Abu Dhabi we had this terrible gas stove with a glass cover on it. I'd used the burner and I guess I forgot to turn it all the way off. It was low enough that I couldn't see the flame. About an hour later, same thing, a big explosion. The burner had heated up the glass cover on top so hot that it completely shattered...I still don't know if that kitchen is safe to walk in :)
Penny it is snowing again! I wish you could head over here, I would make you some tea and begg your help with these valentines. I have to make 40. ughhhh!
hey, we decided to stay an extra day, so we're leaving this morning sometime. sorry i didn't answer yesterday, you were gone by the time i got there.
i hope we don't get all that snow !! i got enough snow in MN to last a very very long time!
my parents are going to be inJC next weekend, but we aren't goingt o make it this time. M's schedule keeps getting busier, so i don't know if/when we will be able to make it back. did you ever get pics from Pam?
awe.... I am glad that I inspired you to type up all your recipes ... I am sad that it caused a nuclear disaster. I mean who knew potatoes in the oven could be a weapon of mass destruction... talk about a "dirty bomb" hahahahahah lol hahahah lol MUUHAHAH! Man I am impressed with myself! I am so funny. : )
I've never had anything explode in our kitchen, but I have accidentally used dishwashing soap in our dishwasher instead of detergent. Nevermind that the bottle of soap doesn't have any warning that your dishwasher will overflow if used in a dishwasher. Beth says this is common knowledge; I say it's poor packaging PR. The sad thing is I've done this three times now. I always forget. The floor needed a good mopping anyway
John, the whole dish detergent thing is common knowledge for your average man servant. :)
not only did he do it the first time-oops, but he did it 2 more timew...and he NEVER MAKES A MISTAKE! at least, that's what he claims :) i think if I were beth, i would start writing on the bottle of dish detergent "NOT FOR THE DISHWASHER!"
Post a Comment