Yesterday was long but I wouldn’t want to subtract a thing. It started at 6:45am, (the typical time when we get two kids climbing all over us) after trying to muster a few more minutes of sleep with far more body than bed, we get up. Luke and I get ready and go see one of his friends play basketball ( 6 yr .olds playing, very cute). After getting back I quickly headed out to meet a friend (Rosemary) for lunch. I was trekking towards Hampton to eat some thai food at the thai restaurant right on the four lane headed to Roan Mnt. ( for those of you familiar with the area, that in itself is a bit odd, I know) I have heard great things about the food but the location leaves me wondering. Anyway, I thought it to be wise to call and ask if they take check cards ( I never have cash, and it is in the middle of nowhere). The phone was answered so I asked my question and she said they would not be opening until 4:30pm. ( I was surprised because earlier when I called I got a machine that explained their hours to be open for lunch) I nicely said that her machine said otherwise and she said she didn’t have time to change it. I was perplexed having changed my answering machine message before and knowing there really isn’t a big time commitment there.
Oh well, I was glad I called but I was already on my way and so was Rosemary coming from the other direction, Banner Elk. I called Rose and told her what was up and she said she would keep coming and we would meet up in J.C. Knowing I was ahead of her I stopped in at the E-town Walmart grabbed a few things, got some gas for $2.09 a gallon (ha! too much yes, but undoubtedly cheaper than anyone else) and started back to town. Heading back to J.C. I call Rose to see where she was, after a minute or so of us trying to figure out where she was I look to my right and there she is, at the same light right next to me. We laughed. Anyway, the day went on, we ate at Outback then stopped by the bookstore and on our way in, I was commenting on the next store over and how I would never buy anything from there because I couldn’t pronounce the name. I would always be afraid that if I was wearing anything from there and someone wanted to know wear I got it I would be like uhh... fallalallalary's (exactly) . As I was explaining myself Tim’s mom walks out of that store, we said hi and I asked where she had come from (knowing, but wanting to see if she could say the name, she couldn’t, we laughed, then I had to explain myself).
We headed home, we made a blog for Rose, laughed hard at Tim as he was filming for his and then some friends stopped by Amber (more of a resident than friend, but still a great friend), Boaz and Steven B.). We sat around the kitchen table for three hours telling stories, reminiscing , and calling strange people (they know) so that we can listen to even stranger stories. They left sometime after midnight. I stayed up just a little bit longer to “play” on Boaz’s “facebook” (his blog). After being on our computer, he left and never logged out. Needless to say his profile changed with in minutes and Tim and I went to sleep laughing.
ps: I never really liked those mini dots all over my blog, it was a bit much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That Thai Am place is really good. Beth and I frequent it when we're in town. You gottas remember two things 1. It's hampton, so don't expect regular hours no matter what the message says. 2. Ask for Thai spicy, it's awesome.
What ever you do don't order Thai spicy, just imagine eating a big bowl of hot peppers, because that is what it takes like. even if you order american spicy it is pretty darn spicy. I am from texas and love spicey but this place is out of control with spicy, i love the pad thai, and the egg rolls are amazing, she makes them from scratch right there.
That sounded like a neat day! I am not sure that I like Thai food.
the best part of that day was finding out why Brad Parker doesn't like eggs..... that was hilarious!
Post a Comment