Today I started the big parade of presents that make their way from the quite, dark, forbidden closet in the basement to the table of decorative (limited) possibilities.
If it wasn’t for thinking that opening gifts are part of the joy of receiving them I would gladly let them keep their original appearance. I have the hardest time cutting the wrapping paper the size I need, so many times I'm short. I have a real problem, even knowing this I try to over compensate and I still fail far more often than an aware person should. I’ll cut more paper to fit the unwrapped part and attach it. This wouldn’t be that ridiculous unless you are using Dollar Store tape that breaks and sticks back to itself so you have to use your finger nails to scrape and find the end of the roll. Only two presents into it I was breaking down. Tim came to my rescue and dashed to Walgreens for Scotch tape. So much better! Now, if I could just cut the paper right.
Regardless, of this mess…I still love giving presents, especially if I know the recipient really wants it. Last Christmas I surprised Tim with a skim board. He was completely unaware. In order to keep him clueless I had to do a ton of research to find which one would be best for him. I had no idea there was so much to it. I even spoke with a professional skim boarder to get his opinion ( who knew their were professional skim boarders). Just seeing Tim’s reaction when I surprised him with it was worth it. This year Tim bought his own present ( his new mx bike and accessories, it's a good thing I didn't have to wrap it). I am happy for him but I must admit last year was more fun for me. Although, I am having a blast watching him enjoy himself. Except for the time I had to yell at him for speeding down our dead end road. I only yelled so he could hear me over the motor of course :) Anyway, we’re cool. I don’t even need toys because I have so much fun watching Tim with his.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
That's funny. I always say to Beth " Who needs toys when we can use Tim's"
yeah, Tim & his toys!
so, lisa, do you need wrapping lessons? i'll tutor you for the low low price of a "joe's famous chili' supper and fifty dollars per hour...
hey...these things are not so much toys as they are things to keep my athletic and mental prowess in top form. Kind of theraputic in a way. BTW, the blog is lisa's toy - I finally fixed the pixie thing... ;)
New rule for Tim's toys (or mine for that matter)they can't go on top of John's car.
Oh....what do you think of my cool weather pixie? She isn't in real time but she does update herself and change clothes and decor accordingly.
Uh....no comment.
But, Tim, in Firefox, all the posts move into the left column (below her pics and links, except the heading which stays at the top)and the pixie takes over the main column, albeit on the right edge. Looks very odd.
I haven't looked in explorer. Ok I just did and it's fine there.
I'm with Teilhet. I can't wait to ride it.
Toys, Toys, Toys, and more Toys! Atleast you don't have a foseball and air hockey table in your only main room!
Steve are you saying my pixie looks odd?...I'm hurt!
steve - get with the rest of the world and use something normal and standard...no one I know programs for firefox... ;) Are people still using it???
try this one
oh, so i had a dream recently and one of those jacaranda trees was in it :)
Aren't they amazing? What did you think of it's fragrance?
I just found your Text Lisa-It dropped below everything in the left hand column-which means I missed all these recent comments-which may have been a good thing being that 01cent's mind is deep in the gutter
Lisa, I know I am your mother, but I think you are a very good writer. Erma Bombeck would be impressed.
Post a Comment