It is definitely a Joe’s famous chili day. For some reason the sun isn't trying so hard to impress us. It has been a day full of yuck. And, as long as someone is listening, I’ll add it is as miserable inside as it is outside. Libby’s sick, the kind of sick that makes you want to flee to the open air, if the open air was at all inviting.
If any day calls for comfort food, today is the day! If I wasn’t held hostage in my own home by my ailing child I would run to the store and buy all that I need to make just this. So instead I will vicariously enjoy it by sharing it with you. Dig in!
Joe’s famous Chili
1 ½ ground chuck, or sirloin, or round ( which ever)
1 sweet pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 pkg. chili mix
2 small cans of tomato paste
1/3 cup of molasses
1 can lima beans
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can of white beans (any type of white beans)
1 can or rotel green chilies (mild or regular for more spice)
½ can of beer (optional, however highly recommended)
Sauté in large pot
1 ½ ground meat
with 1 chopped sweet pepper
1 chopped onion
add chili mix
2 small cans of tomato paste
1/3 cup of molasses
Simmer 10 minutes
add ½ can of beer
add all the beans ( I don’t drain them)
add 1 can of rotel
It goes great with corn chips and sour cream with shredded cheddar cheese!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Honey, that was a secret family recipe...now where are we going to get our millions from??? ;)
I SWEAR I'm not lying! I really DON'T see the box!!!
I think I'm gonna have to surrender and get a blogger account *sigh*
This is way much funner than email, ain't so?
Lisa Sekondstory, I think you're awesome!
that's all..later
I don't even have this recipe.... and I'm in the family! Or do I have to be a member of the Secret family, not the Bunce family? Thanks for the recipe! I've just been winging it.... I use most of the ingredients you have. Love you!
i caved...
Thanks for the recipe, but with all this sun and surf...I'm just not in the mood. Chili is a little hot for the beach, maybe a smoothie instead.
Why not vicariously enjoy Maui with Beth and me?
Hey-I've done it-I've got my own blog! Not sure how to set up a link so here's the address:
ahyesindeed.blogspot.com
That chili sounds better than mine. Have you ever tried the that canned stuff?
About the sauce...I should have said... secret ingredient. My bad!!!!
Lisa, I showed Joe your blog and he said, "She will be hearing from my attorney."
;)
Love you!
Mom
Post a Comment