Sunday, July 06, 2008

Glacier National park at it's best.








We spent the day in Glacier National Park. We saw tons of wildlife. All of the above and a few mountain goats that we couldn't get any shots of due to dead batteries. The moose was in West Glacier... right off the road. I jumped out of the car to get a better shot... and could of had an amazing picture b/c it turned and started to walk straight for me... but I got scared... so I got back into the car. It was BIG... but still a baby. As we were driving to Canada there were cows every where... all over the roads. The cows were fenced in but our road went right through the pasture. So when we turned the corner and saw 4 animals in the road, we thought... more cows, instead it was 4 Grizzlies! A sow and 3 cubs. I wasn't fast enough to get a shot of all four because they took off. Above is the pic of the mother. We got to see her give her cubs a quick "attitude check"....she doesn't mess around. : ) Overall an amazing day... it is rare to see a moose and even more rare to see 4 grizzlies in the park... but all this in one day. Also the big horn rams above too. So cool. I have more pictures, of course.... they'll be posted soon.

No comments: