Sunday, April 27, 2008

And.... so it's sowed!

Well, after 3 full weekends of serious yard work I am no longer "that neighbor". Since moving (this past winter) I haven't had the ambition nor the energy to deal with it. I had a motorcycle jump and a massive pile of cleared brush (6 trees, some of which were huge) to remove. The yard needed to be grated and seeded too... too much for me to do by myself. Thankfully, I am surrounded by the most AMAZING people ever. My community group (from church), my neighbors, and a couple friends from work all pitched in and helped... just like an old fashion barn raising. Thanks to all of them I no longer have to fear the city building inspector.... yeah. I don't even know how to thank those that have given me their time, resources, and love. The most amazing thing, I never asked....they just saw the need and stepped in. God's people are incredible and a small reflection of Him..... how much more is He?

To celebrate the kids and I went to the "the chucky" for some camping and play boating. The weather was beautiful. And, when we came home it was raining on our freshly seeded yard. Perfect.



one of my wonderful neighbors.


me and the kids.

luke play boating.


libby and friends rock hoppin.

the nolichucky.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

yay for the yard...it's awesome to have friends, but the best is knowing you're loved and that people have your back!

Chucky looks like it was fun :)

Johnny T said...

your yard looks amazing, i wish i could have been there to help
beth

lisa said...

uh beth... I wish you were here too but I wouldn't have let you help.... well, maybe a little labor would help you into labor ;)