Sunday, September 09, 2007

the 411

Well, it's been a low key weekend. We, the family, took it easy. In fact I can't even remember what we did yesterday... it's been a while since I could say that. Today I ran 5 and a 1/2 miles. I started running again when the kids went to school ( having them both in school really frees me up). I have come to enjoy it. It has become a bit therapeutic for me. And... believe me I need as much therapy as I can get.
A few weeks ago I started having sever hip pain, running became difficult if not impossible, I couldn't get past three miles. I went to the Doc and she said after viewing my xrays that I have bone spurs on my hips. Yikes!! Well, they are causing havoc. Since going to the Doc (physical therapy), she has decreased my pain and that's help me go farther... I'm thankful cause I want to keep running and going farther. I have to wear frozen peas when I'm done and then rub this smelly stuff all over my legs, stretch 3 times a day, and take prescription strength Alieve, but I got it.... I'm in the game. Sad thing is I was running just as hard when I was in college and I had no pain.... none. yikes!! And, tomorrow night is opening night for my fall vball season... and this Sat. is the dragon boat races. Rowing... I have never. I have a strong suspicion that I won't even feel my hips next week ; )

No comments: