Monday, March 05, 2007

a new day

Well, it is safe to say that this past week has been one of the hardest weeks of my life. Maybe the only one that could rival it would be the one in which I lost my father. I know many of you are curious. I wish I could go into it but as I stated once before on my blog, it just doesn't feel right. Some things are too personal and too hurtful.
For now, everyday is a new day and I am learning to surrender to those things I can't control. And, even though I have discovered how un-deservingly ugly life can get I remain hopeful. The things I grieve today I grieve for three. But, at the same time I have a hope for three too. It is within this hope that I know these things I grieve I will not grieve forever.

The kids and I saw “Bridge to Terabithia” this past weekend. Probably one of the best movies I have ever seen, most likely because the message was perfect in its timing... “nothing crushes us”.

Isaiah 43:1-3

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sweet Beth said...

Lisa,
You are one of the strongest people I know, your strength is such an encouragement to me, Thank you for that.

Kel said...

Thinking of you and yours.

lisa said...

anonymous,

I appreciate your concern. And, I accept your prayers. Please know that I'm not concerned with justice. I would rather you pray more for me to find peace and wisdom and strength.

Why not introduce yourself?
Sorry about the delete.

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Maybe you are not concerned with justice,but I am. And God is rather clear that he is too. I get what you mean though- you are not seeking revenge and that is very noble of you. Should I continue visiting, I will introduce myself,but I will honor your prayer request in any case.