I laid back down in bed this morning after sending Luke off to school. Tim had left and I could hear Libby playing in the family room. It was just after 8am and I wanted to get up just as much as I wanted to stay under the covers. I started feeling guilty because I knew Libby wanted a companion and her only choice of one was lying in my bed. The temptation of good coffee and a trivial pursuit pop-tart with a side of no guilt was all the motivation I needed. I was up. Now to take care of the dogs, swap out the laundry, clean up the dishes that our company left (long after I went to bed last night). Finally, I sat down with my pop-tart and coffee looked to my left and remembered the little girl that wanted a friend. So, I was off to dress barbies and give them new do’s for their movie premier “Nanny Mc Potter”.
Now, my coffee is cold and my shower is over due. It only took a couple of phone calls and the thought that I will be hard pressed to get done all that I have to do for my blood pressure to rise. I’m not complaining. I love that I get to play barbies, its the other stuff I wish I didn’t have to do. There is a song out there. I don’t know who sings it but I keep hearing it. It’s about wanting to leave the world behind and just be in a moment with someone. I wish I could do that with my family. Especially, my husband. I wish I could just let the world and all its deadlines and stresses go. And, just enjoy the moment or maybe moments.
1 comment:
you should take this whole post and make it into a poem. I read it like poetry, it's a good one :)
Post a Comment