Thursday, December 21, 2006

Dilemmas.

It seems I have so many. I’m not sure if I create more than I need or if I suffer from an average amount. Either way I think I have way too many. It might be that I over analyze, therefore prolonging the solution. Take for example. Last month I got (in my opinion) ripped off by my cleaners. I have used the same cleaners for over 10 years. They know me by name and I have always appreciated it when they greeted me using my name. I have been a loyal customers taking all of our dress shirts there to be cleaned and pressed and I use their tailor for all my alterations. Until. I took them 3 pair of pants to have them hemmed. The sweet white haired lady pinned them up for me and said give her two weeks. Ok. I agreed that I would pay her 10 dollars for each pant. I don’t know if that is high or not, but I like these people so I was ok with it. Well 6 weeks later my pants are ready. I go home and 2 out of the 3 are perfect but then the last one… I am still stepping on. So, I take them back and say “this pant is still way to long”. To may amazement she took them and then said two more weeks and 10 more dollars. I was like… “ahh, what? I have to pay again…after having to wait way too long”? She said “Well, they will have to be hemmed again”. I agreed to pay 2 more dollars knowing I probably won’t see those pants until spring. I left irritated and vowing to never use them again. But there’s my dilemma. I don’t know where to go to have our shirts cleaned. I have one major requirement. It has to be an “in-house” service. I don’t want to use a place that sends off the clothes to be cleaned. And, really most of the cleaners around here do so. For the past 4 weeks I have been driving around trying to pick a cleaners, wondering is it a convenient location , a good price, and will they use my name? Oh well. I know what you’re thinking, if this is my biggest dilemma I should stop my whining and start ironing. I tried that ( ironing not , not whining). And, I would rather go back to those thieves. Ugggh.

6 comments:

Kel said...

HAHA, sorry, I'm shocked at the time it takes for them to hem your pants and the price! My lord. I had three pairs of pants MADE in less that two weeks here, and those three whole pairs of linen pants cost me a total of $10! A hem costs about $1. Wow, I'm going to have to learn to sew before I move back home...why don't you wash your own dress shirts, but pay someone privately to press them for you?

lisa said...

That has crossed my mind. But who?

Johnny T said...

why don't you just buy pants that fit in the first place

Wendy said...

We don't really use cleaners unless it is a special occasion. I did learn to sew in high school, but my machine won't do jeans. I just buy them to fit. Good luck finding a cleaners!

lisa said...

These days almost all pants are too long for me. I have learned if I want to own pants that actually fit me( reg. is too long and petite is to short), I have them hemmed.
And, with the amount of shirts that Tim wears that need to be ironed I don't even have time to iron them. However, I do iron the ones that have linen in them because they are way to expensive to have pressed.

Tonya said...

haha, i have the opposite problem- i REFUSE to take anything to a tailor. I have a pair of pants sitting next to my bed that i need to pin and hem- they've been there since thanksgiving.

Last time i went to the cleaners was...not here...not MN...not Memphis...It must have been in JC- sorry, can't help you there :)

Most dept stores will do alterations for you at the store in a couple days.

And who could iron? How about one of those wonderful college girls who are live in your (other) house for practically nothing?