Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Who needs a title anyway?

It seems to me that life is just one huge contrast day after day. Yesterday was a GREAT day. Nothing huge happened just several simple things that worked together to make the day work and work well. I had a great morning at my j.o.b. My training is officially over and I have been given my own responsibilities and managing quite well. I work in retail but it isn’t just any normal retail there is a lot to remember because there is a ton of security issues ( a couple months before I got there an “unloaded” gun went off in the store). We sell guns, amoung many other things. Anyway, I want to be known as a valued employee with a good work ethic, and yesterday I left feeling like I accomplished that. I came home made an Amish Chocolate cake that I have been waiting to make for the past 10 days as I watched the starter mature (multiply), that turned out better than expected. I went on to play volleyball last night and hung out with a group of people that I have grown to love (my team). In the 22 years I have been playing volleyball I have never played on a team that gets along better. We win a lot ( 29-1) but more than that we enjoy each other’s company. It’s a great feeling to feel valued as a team member. The kind of value that pulls your team out of a 9 point deficit with a strong serve. It seems everyone on my team has had their turn at that and last night was mine. Then just as I was expecting to spend the evening alone (cause Tim is out of town) one of my best friends walks through the door to spend the evening with me. It was just an all around very good day.

Then there is today. A day full of disappointments some expected….others not. Some by those you love…. and some by those you don’t. Anyway, I guess that's how it goes. And, so it goes…..

4 comments:

AmberJ said...

Don't you just wish you could bottle those good days up and then take taste a little at a time over the bad ones?

How do you make Amish Chocolate Cake. Sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

hey! i wonder if beta will let me comment or now- i finally got your page to open how frustrating!
I forgot what i wanted to say, so I'll just say hi and I miss you guys. Hope you are liking your new job- it is perfect for you!

lisa said...

I'm not sure what makes the cake Amish. But it is super easy, The only thing is you need the starter to make it and I'm not sure what and how much the starter consists of. I will ask my friend that gave me the starter to see if she knows and if I can get it I will post the recipe. :)

Wendy said...

I can relate, totally! Especially lately!