Tuesday, September 19, 2006

my new love....


So...my new thing this summer has been long boarding. I love it. It is my most favorite thing to do with my free time. My “brother from a different mother” introduced me to it. It seems to be a good fit too because I married a “traditional” skate boarder. After deciding I wanted a board of my own we started the hunt for the perfect board. One thing you need to know about Tim he is the ultimate deal finder! So with great success we found the best board for ME. I emphasis me because every long boarder that gets on my board bails on it fast…they all hate it. But, I love it. It is a bit squirrelly but it carves better than a warm knife through soft butter. I haven’t been on another board I like better. Well, it didn’t take long for Tim (maybe 2 hours) to want a long board after I had mine. I think he was even surprised with how much he enjoyed the long board after riding short boards all his life. Since then we have spent much of our summer carving it up. You know you have it bad when in your mind you are constantly scoping out roads to ride down. I might have to start keeping a note pad in my car because the list is getting long. It is kind of funny that this 35 year old, mother of two, has just bought her very first pair of vans ( pink polka dotted no less). But I guess if you know me it’s not too far of a stretch and I refuse to let my age or how I spend my day or even what I ride define me ; )

5 comments:

AmberJ said...

I LOVE THOSE SHOES! Do I have to be a long-boarder to own a pair?

Tonya said...

how cute! I love the polka dots- they are so 'you' :) how's the house coming?

Johnny T said...

i not only scope out potential hills, I do a test run in the car, carves and all.

the shoes are great.

f1rststory said...

vans are cool! Now I'm glad I'm not the only peron out of High School wearing them...hahahaha - what's funny is that i have always had them...I told you you'd love 'em. ;) Best boarding shoes ever. You're so cool...it's really fun to ride with you.

Sk8 or die...hahahahaha - now you can understand it... ;)

Kel said...

cute shoes, WAY better than Tim's.