Sunday, June 18, 2006

June 18th.

It’s been a good weekend. Honestly, I didn’t know what to expect with today being the year anniversary of loosing Rob. We stayed busy. Yesterday we spent the day out at DRG, then went to a cook out. It was all great but in the back of my mind I kept thinking about this time last year. I don’t think the sadness in our hearts will ever leave when we think of Rob but at the same time I find myself laughing whenever I am talking about him and his sly sense of humor. It has been a hard year. However, I think I and maybe Tim (if I could speak for him) have a stronger appreciation for God’s grace and of His faithfulness in our own lives.
So too, on this day (really everyday) I am thankful for Tim. He is a wonderful father and our kids are so blessed to have him as their dad. Today, we grieve along with celebrate. Truly, this life will give us so many opportunities to do both. And, with both we will give our Lord all the glory and honor, because He is good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Tim is a wonderful Father and I am thankful too!

Love,
Mom

Royces In Africa said...

I can't believe it's already been a year. Thanks for the reminder, we can pray for the family.

Wendy said...

Well said about Robbie and Tim. You guys look great. We hope that you guys are having a great summer!