Tuesday, June 20, 2006

more on the house....



We got our basement floor today! I never thought concrete could be so beautiful.
Of all days for a stray dog to show up it was today! This very stupid beagle kept running into the wet concrete and the guys would start yelling words I haven't heard since I worked in Carter County. I explained it wasn’t my dog but I don’t think they cared if it was mine or not they were going to kill it. I had it follow me down the street and told him "if he knew what was good for him he would take his scrawny concrete covered legs on outta here". I wish I could see the owners of that dog's face when they see his legs. What a mess. I wonder how easily dried concrete washes out of hair anyway?
On another note I think John has finally talked me into joining team ION. How could I refuse a free jersey? Now, I just need to get my foot to heal.

6 comments:

Johnny T said...

YEESSSSS!

Royces In Africa said...

Now you can really start imagining the house. Did you put any secret handprints of your own in somewhere, basement floor of fame!

Tonya said...

speaking of Carter County, I hear they have an Applebee's now :)

Kel said...

HAHAHAHA,Carter County!! HAHAHAHAHA, man, I love being home! HAHAHAHA!
Hey John,
we want to join team ION too. I think it would be a great thing for the kids and we can come up with some cool stuff to do where we live. We need to get together again.

Johnny T said...

Awesome Kelly-
We'll work that out. We're in Atl rightr now. I'm working on some more shirts as well so I'll you know about them.
I think everyone should join.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa

This is Charleen the animal lover. You should have taken that poor beagle and washed his legs off and hopefully he did have a home. That concrete is tough on anything. Poor baby, he probably wanted to get near the men in the mud. Our shepherd went to work with Walt every day and concrete days meant Max getting rinsed off frequently.

Concrete floors are a lot of work. But, for you it's a step closer. Congratulations.