Wednesday, May 24, 2006

pumper trucks, sea monkeys, goodbyes and more

Well, there it is! The first bit of concrete poured. Wahoo! These past few days have been hilarious. In between organizing “end of the school year things”, t-ball, car pool, and doing the average ordinary things I have had to coordinate the construction of our house. Monday I had to stop cooking dinner to make a quick run to transit mix for more supplies. Tuesday I had to wait around to pay the pumper truck guys and today I had to rush home from picking the kids up to meet 3 tandem loads of 57 ( that’s what we builders call rock). You might chuckle but Rinker (rock quarry) has made it on my contact list on my cell. So, I spent my afternoon directing dump trucks and saving “sea monkeys” (water creatures of some sort, pet shrimp, I think). Luke has them, somehow these creatures come to life if you just add water and I have heard die just as easily (kinda like goldfish).
This summer and fall, hopefully not too much of winter, will offer a plethora of learning experiences for me. Who knows when this is over I just might start building houses for a living. That is if I still have my wits about me. If you know of any other stay at home moms that build houses on the side let me know ; )
































15 comments:

f1rststory said...

sweet! ;) i think you should start building houses. i'll stop there...hahahahahahahahah

Kel said...

hahaha, that's pretty cool. I'm handy on the inside, but structurally you can forget it!

The sea monkey things sound cool.

Tonya said...

i thought sea monkeys were a scam to get people to spend money on something that isn't real- kinda like the emporer's new clothes.

AmberJ said...

You are either very smart or very brave...

Johnny T said...

Is beign handy on the inside anything like being pretty on the inside?

Wendy said...

It is neat to see the first concrete poured. When do you expect completion? Our next trip to JC is not until Thanksgiving, I was wondering how much would be done by then?

Kel said...

Hahaha, no john, that's when most guys would say you have a "nice personality"

LOL!

lisa said...

Tim, you really are cooler than your profile pic leads people to believe ;)

Kelly, I'm really only handy on the inside ;)

Tonya, sea monkeys are real, believe!

Amberj, I would like to think I am both but really neither just desperate.

J.T., I guess I'll leave you a comment because I don't want to leave you out :) Come by and let me ride your board again! We have been looking for one since sunday and no luck yet. Used ones sell for about the same as new. :(

Wendy, I hope to be in it buy Christmas but really that might be to optimistic. There's just no telling.

Tonya said...

um, by handy on the inside I think she meant with the interior of the house (decorating)- not that she's handy internally (as in "I wish")

lisa said...

I know but if you read it the other way it sounds hilarious.

AmberShea said...

OMG IS THAT A HOUSE BEING BUILT!?!?!?! its about time!

lisa said...

Yeah! And Ms. Ambershea you should have been here to check out the pumper guys! Not the big harry one of course! ;)

Royces In Africa said...

Must be a good feeling to finally have things underway!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»