
Now, that school is out Tim and I have our Sunday evenings to ourselves. The youth group takes a small hiatus for the summer but Mamaws never do. So we still made our usual Sunday evening stop to drop the kids but headed to the tennis courts instead. It was the hottest day yet and we could still feel it at 5:30 but that didn’t slow us down. Well, I should say it didn’t slow Tim down. I think he stepped it up a bit after I blurted out we were playing for bragging rights on the blog. Last time we played I beat him, straight up. Last time the court just wasn’t big enough, he kept hitting the ball out. This time he played with precision and finesse. It was pretty…..pretty painful! Ok. So I started thinking after he killed me 6-1 then again 6-1 ( it was bad but not as bad as it sounds I lost several games after I had the advantage. Well, that does sound pretty bad) that he has had to “work” a lot lately. Hmmmm…so I’m thinking maybe his “work” has involved, maybe a tennis instructor!@#? And, here I have been feeling sorry for him and trying to help him out by mowing the yard, just wanting to lighten the load a bit for him and he is out working on his back swing! Of course he denies it. But there is no denying his game. Well, all I got to say is GAME ON! Anyone know a good tennis instructor….preferably tall, dark, and handsome…. just kidding! It wasn’t a total loss (for me) we showed up with one ball and left with four and I got more power on my serve. Now I just need to find some consistency!
7 comments:
heh heh... ;)
As a matter of fact, I just met a tennis pro this weekend.
Funny how he was forgetting to mention tennis games with his "wining and dining" business trips! I can't belive he sandbagged ya! That's just wrong!
I think you are just buttering him up for when you slam him next time!! : ]
J.T., got his/her number? :)
He lives in Mississippi, but he'd probably fall into the tall dark and handsom category, it'd be a long commute for you, but I hear he's a good teacher.
Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»
Post a Comment