No, for real these are some of the coolest kids.I spent my day today with 22 six year olds. They are great kids and I give a lot of credit to many of them for making Luke's first "real" school year such a success. They get along great, amazingly well really. I love how they tell random knock knock jokes that make no sense. And, eat their yogurt with their fingers because their mom forgot to pack a spoon ( don't worry we found a spoon). I couldn't help but think as I heard them howling like wolves that they felt a real sense of freedom since their teachers (yes, both of them) were not able to make it on the field trip today. I did carry a measure of fear with me that they would figure out that 3 moms, 1 assistant teacher, and a substitute were no match for them and mutiny would certainly unfold. But, really all you have to do is show up and these kids think you're amazing. Truly, I hold an affection for each one in some way, especially for the kid in the middle wearing bright green : )
3 comments:
Neat pic. Where did you guys go?
Oooh, I love field trips!!!
Unfortunately, that is one thing my kids won't ever really have with homeschooling and traveling the world. It looks like you guys had a great time!
I'm with Wendy, where did you go? It looks neat!
Post a Comment