nd has been so beautiful I almost forgot about blogger. We haven’t been inside for more than a few minutes at a time. It started with t-ball ball at 5pm on Friday and ended with motor cross (mx) at 8 pm tonight. Normally the kids are in bed by 8pm but it was one of those times when everyone is having so much fun that even Mom can’t call it quits. In between the t-ball and mx-ing we had dinner with the "Tilays" (my phonics spelling), a soccer game, rode bikes at the park, and hiked Laurel falls. We didn’t make it to the falls, they are 2 miles in but we did go a mile in then back. The kids decided we should start training for the entire hike so our goal next time is to get further than we did today :)Tonight at bed time I didn’t hear one complaint, not even the regular request for water.



For pics of the boys on their mx bikes check out Tim's blog.
5 comments:
I love spring and the warm weather! We spent a lot of time outdoors today too, even though it was at home. Love you!
We didn't know how long the trail was to Laurel when we took my parents on the hike, the last bit is TERRIBLY difficult. My poor mom didn't manage, my poor parents were sooooo exhausted, now we can laugh about it, but at the time it wasn't so funny. So you better add scaling boulders to your training, but it's worth it. love, M
We we're told that the trail splits and one way is much more "technical" than the other. We took the easier way (so someone passing by said) but we never made it to the last bit so who knows. Next time I think we will look at a topo before we go :)
haven't you been to the falls before, Lisa? the last bit is all rock! I think we got allie to do it once, but there was a lot of lifting over and carrying during the last part and with my bad hip it was really hard for me. the falls are beautiful though and definately worth it!
That's what I call a full weekend. Sounds fun. we went mt biking, and then bar b qing with a bunch of peopel
Post a Comment