Its a dark rainy morning. I don't feel ready to start my day, even more I'm not ready to wake the kids to start theirs, making them rush their morning... just so I can rush mine. It's fall break for them, a nagging guilt runs through me. Still a tear wells....still.
Disappointment never leaves me. I have happiness and hope but with them a disappointment with this life passes through me, they come and go as sure as the seasons. This morning it was Libby not happy with life, yesterday it was Luke. Today he, (Luke) did everything perfect and on his own. When I praised him for being so responsible he said he knew I had my hands full with Libby. Even Luke knows that often I need an extra measure of grace. At the end of my morning with them I held Libby a little longer, wiping her tears, telling her I loved her (I was pretty sure she didn't even know why she was struggling). I sent her on her way telling her ,"you can do this Libby....you can do this".
Then not so many minutes later, making my way into work with my arms full of paperwork, keys, and already cold coffee, reflecting on my last two hours and considering my next eight, I say "you can do this, Lisa...you can do this". If I believe that God is who He say He is, I have to believe in this. I can do this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you're poetic.
Post a Comment