Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Justice....Shumustice!

Three days into spring break and we are already running out of things to do. Only two and a half more weeks to go. Florida can’t come soon enough!
In my fruitless efforts to keep the kids from getting overwhelmed with boredom I pulled out the DDR (dance dance revolution). It is a dancing game that is played on the Xbox or play station (arcades too). As it plays music it gives you dance steps that you have to keep up with. If two people play you compete against each other and who ever stays in step best wins. I am terrible at this game but I thought I had a decent shot competing against two 6 year olds (Georgia , a neighbor friend was over to play) and one 3 year old. We start. Georgia gets on the dance pad and starts killing me. She is amazing! Not only is she beating me bad but she is scoring perfectly every time. I can’t find a song that can trip her up and believe me I tried. She said “I take dance” and I was like “ I would say”! So, we continue. I am determined to beat her at least once.
Then something distracted her and she stopped dancing. The game continued and as she stood completely still her score was perfect and it showed her making every step! Hmmmmm…… It was then, after an hour of working up a sweat that I realized this whole time I was competing against the computer not Georgia. I must not have set the game up for two players. I didn’t have the heart to tell her that it wasn’t really her playing. The bad thing is not only did she supposedly out dance me but Luke too, so now he wants nothing to do with this game in which he lost so miserably. However, there is a little girl that is going to sleep tonight believing that she is the all time DDR champion of the world. Where is the justice?

7 comments:

Tonya said...

hahaha! That is FUNNY!

Johnny T said...

I find it hard to believe that you didn't "accidentally" shove Georgia out of step.

Kel said...

That is so funny. Well, the justice is in the fact that you have just humbled yourself to let a little girl have a better self esteem :) Hahahaha. I don't know that I'd accept defeat to a 6 year old though, lol. I won't even let Bergen win racing me from the house to the playground. LOL!

Tonya said...

do you know what's up with Penny's blog? did she delete it?

lisa said...

I'll let Penny explain about the blog thing, but yeah it has been deleted.

Kel said...

Penny, if you are reading this, you suck. Tell me you're starting another blog. I miss your witty intelect and wonderfully dry sense of humor.

Wendy said...

I hope you guys have a great time in florida! I would not bring that game with you. It could bring you back bad memories.